Our names are important. They are part of our identities and our stories. They are generally one of the first words we learn to say, read, and write.
Last week I read the book Mon nom est Tonnerre (“Thunder Boy Jr.” in English) with my class. After having a conversation about why our names are important, we each decorated the first letter in our name and put them up on our alphabet wall using this great freebie from Mme Caroline.
Name Activities & Resources
- Editable, Autogenerating Name Practice by Oui Madame Wee
- Your Name is a Big Deal resource by Naomi O’Brien and LaNesha Tabb
- This blog post by Inspired by Play has a few wonderful ideas for playful name provocations with loose parts.
- Name Writing Nature Hunt
- Alflowbet Cards by A Playful Purpose
- Fingerprint Friend Doodles by A Playful Purpose
- Ripped paper name art
What are your favourite name activities in Kindergarten?