I have been teaching Kindergarten for the past 3 years, and I am excited to be continuing my Kindergarten adventure next year. This past year I was teaching a K/1 combined class, so last week I shared some of my favourite resources for Grade 1 French Immersion. This week I am sharing some of my favourites for la maternelle:
- Handwriting Without Tears
- This is a multi-sensory program for learning letter formation, and it comes highly recommended by the Occupational Therapists I have had the privilege to work with. They have some great products like chalkboards, flip crayons, magnets, wood pieces, and Mat Man who is the star of songs & stories and is a great helper for teaching us about how to draw a people. I love the wood pieces because you can add loose parts.
- Jolly Phonique
- This is great for providing visuals and actions to combine sounds, and it works perfectly for Grade 1 as well!
- Mme Andrea makes a lot of fantastic Kindergarten/primary resources. Here are a few of the ones that I use a lot:
- Mme Mariah has a ton of resources for outdoor learning, play, and mindfulness:
- Fingerprint Doodles – so much fun for math and literacy, and my families have loved them during remote learning!
- Halloween Cauldron Math
- Edventurous Little Apples’ Geoboard Letter Mats
- Pinch of Kinder’s Letter Formation Flashcards with initial sound visuals
- Editable STEM Starters by Literacy with the Littles – these are in English, but since they are editable it was easy to translate them.
- Morning Message Bundle by Bilingual Mingle
- Math centres bundle by Madame French Immersion
- French-Tastic makes some handy bundles of centres:
- Alphabet playdough mats by Inspiring Elementary Learners
- Rebecca Bathurst-Hunt (@inquiryteacher on Instagram) shares a ton of great ideas on inquiry and play in Kindergarten. I highly recommend her book Inquiry Mindset!
- Laurie McIntosh (@mrsmacskinders on Instagram) shares about kindness, connection & fun in Kindergarten. Her remote learning ideas helped me SO much this year. I am looking forward to reading her book Teachers These Days when it comes out!
What are your favourite resources for French Immersion Kindergarten?