Here are some authors and their resources that have helped me, as someone with white privilege, in my anti-racism learning recently.
1. Aim to financially support BIPOC organizations, creators, artists, and businesses wherever possible.
2. Going into their space means you are agreeing to not treat them like Google or demand emotional labour by processing your understanding and questions in the comments section. Go in to read and listen and most of the time stay quiet.
Resources for Adults
- Anti-Racism Daily Email by Nicole Cardoza
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- This is a book that you DO by reflecting and journalling about the questions each day, so be sure to have a journal and use it.
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
Resources for Teaching K/1+
- Anything by Naomi O’Brien (@readlikearockstar) and LaNesha Tabb (@apron_education)
- List of books in French with Black main characters compiled by Dayani (@mamandayani)
- Vera Ahiyya (@thetututeacher & @diversereads) provides book suggestions and so much more.
What resources have you found to help further learning about anti-racism?