In the midst of a cold and some other personal challenges, I accomplished my first week of teaching last week. By the weekend I was totally exhausted, but I was happy. I have learned (or been reminded of) the following about myself and my profession:
- Sleep is not optional.
- Keeping a journal is helpful.
- Setting clear boundaries between work and relaxation time is critical.
- My colleagues are incredible, and they are here to help.
- You teach who you are.
- Communicating with parents is key.
- Routine is important, particularly in a grade 2/3 class.
Some of my favourite activities this week:
- Code.org during our computer lab time
- 2016 wishes word-art
- Me voici! posters
- Portrait mathématique
- 5 choix (Daily 5)
This week will see added challenges, including the beginning of my Professional Specialization Certificate in Teaching French Immersion. My mantra, which I have written many times in my journal: JE SUIS CAPABLE!
À la prochaine!